Friday, May 25, 2012

Wedding Bells


Since my son James was married earlier this month, I wanted to look back at wedding photos that I have of our ancestors (his and mine). His was a very intimate ceremony, I was 2 feet from him and his beautiful wife as they gazed into each other's hearts. I get choked up even thinking about it!




I will start with his paternal great-grandfather for whom he is named, James Culotta, and his bride Marie Kohlerman. They were married on October 19, 1930 in Baltimore. Huge Italian & German families!



James with his parents Ferdinand Culotta and Concetta Liberto, and sisters and brother on his wedding day.



My father's parents, Vernon Masterman and Hazel Peterson, were married on February 12, 1933 in Everett, Massachusetts. There was a blizzard that day that threatened to postpone the festivities, but Yankee determination won out!





Here is a photo of Vernon's parents, Filmore "Hunter" Masterman and Jennie McMonagle on their wedding trip to his birthplace, Weld, Maine. They were married on June 10, 1903 in Framingham, Mass. She was born in Nova Scotia and emigrated in ???? I'd sleep with one eye open if I were married to a woman that good with a rifle!


I also have their wedding book, complete with tips for a successful marriage, such as "Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as unto the Lord." Oh my. It includes signatures of guests too. See it HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment