Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Little Follow Up



Another addition to the previous post of the Best Christmas Gift:


The above family photo from Germany features my great-great-grandmother's uncle Michael Knab (center) with his children taken in 1890. Beautiful! Michael was the Mayor of Bollingen. His son Konstantin on the far left also served in that capacity starting in 1913. The soldier on the right died in action in 1918.


I hope to find out more from the relative in Germany that descends from Michael Knab through Konstantin (his grandfather).


Ironically, this week I found another box of files I hadn't seen in years. While sorting through it, I found LDS IGI records for the Knab family, including my great-great-great grandfather's christening and a microfilm order receipt for the church records for that town! All from back in 1991, just about when my research went on the back burner.


Close, but that only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment